Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We believe deeply in the power of patient education and strongly encourage our patients to ask any questions that come to mind. Even a question that seems small to you could have a significant effect on your dental health.
Take a look through our Frequently Asked Questions to find a selection of common questions we are asked by our patients. If you have additional questions or if your question is not answered here, please do not hesitate to contact us and ask!
- Are tooth-colored fillings safer than metal fillings?
- Are the whitening products in the drugstores any good?
- What's the big deal about gum disease?
- What pediatric dental services do you offer?
- What are the benefits of dental implants?
- What is the difference between a dental crown and a bridge?
- When are dental veneers a good option for me?
- Do dental implants require any special care?
- Do I really need to replace my missing teeth?
- What are dental crowns used for?
- Why should I choose dental implants instead of dentures?
- I have sensitive teeth. Can I still get professional teeth whitening?
- Who can use Invisalign?
- What is Invisalign? Do you offer it?
- Do you take my insurance?
- I don't have insurance. Can I still be a patient at your office?
- Why do I need to have x-rays taken?
- I'm not having any pain. Why are you recommending this procedure?
- How can I prevent tooth decay and gum disease?
- Can my children be seen at Jen Kim Dentistry?
- Lately, I've noticed that my gums bleed when I brush my teeth. Could I have gum disease?
- I don't smoke. Do I really need an oral cancer screening?
- How does the Velscope work?
- I want to have straight teeth. What are my options?
- Am I a good candidate for dental veneers?
- How do I care for dental veneers?